Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter!


Well, I am on day 7 of the 24 day challenge, and I'm feeling great! Unfortunately, our family got hit with nasty colds right before Easter, but I kept up with the cleanse. My baby belly that I so carefully keep hidden is shrinking by the day and my energy is definately increasing. I am very proud of myself for not pigging out on Easter goodies! I was very tempted, but because I committed myself to the challenge, I resisted. I did, however, enjoy smelling the treats. :o)
Many people have been asking for an updated picture of Chris, so I am posting a picture that a friend took of us yesterday morning at church. Yes, I did work very hard to color-coordinate the family for Easter and was happy with the results. ;o) Chris is definitely looking great...he has now lost 46 pounds!!! This guy is SO inspiring!!!
Here is what I packed myself for lunch today: a raw sweet potato, an apple, and a packet of Spark. I know that that doesn't sound like a lot of food, but a sweet potato is very filling! Just take your sweet potato, wash it, poke a few holes in it with a fork, and stick it in the microwave for a few minutes (or oven/toaster oven). There ya go, an extremely healthy, filling lunch! (Don't you dare put butter and brown sugar on that tasty tater!!!) I don't eat the skin, but you totally can, if you want. :) I also don't eat the apple core, but know people who do!
Enjoy, and HAPPY EASTER!! :O)
P.S. I bought Chris some shirts from Target for Christmas. They were size 2X. They were way too small. We had to take them back. :( The shirt in the picture, above, is an XL from Target and fits him perfectly. No more shopping at Casual Male XXL for my guy! :)
P.S.S. Chris no longer snores!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to all of you! Very inspiring! And the ones who benefit most are Lilly and David with healthy parents modeling healthy eating! Love you, Lynda

    ReplyDelete